Neck discomfort (also known as cervicalgia) is a widespread ailment, affecting two-thirds of the population at some point in their lives. Neck pain Clearwater is a very common ailment. The lower neck and upper back support the head, and these areas commonly cause neck pain. The top three joints in your neck allow you to move your neck and head the most. Whether it’s leaning over your pc or hunching over your workstation, poor posture can strain neck muscles. Osteoarthritis frequently causes neck pain. Neck pain can sometimes be a sign of something more serious. Seek medical attention from a good Clearwater chiropractor if you suffer numbness or a loss of strength in your arms or hands or have shooting pain in your shoulder or down your arm.
Neck pain, for the most part, isn’t a major problem that can be resolved in a matter of days. The joints in your lower neck and upper back offer a solid foundation for your head to rest on. When this support system is compromised, the muscles in the area tighten, resulting in neck pain. Seek medical attention right away if you’re facing neck pain that lasts more than a week, is severe, or is accompanied by other symptoms.
Neck pain symptoms include:
- Neck stiffness. Neck pain can result in a reduction in range of motion. People with neck pain frequently describe their neck as “rigid” or “stuck.”
- Sharp pain.
- Sharp or stabbing pain in one area of the neck can signify neck discomfort.
- When moving, there is pain. Moving, twisting, or extending your cervical spine from side to side or up and down might aggravate neck pain.
- Pain or numbness that radiates. The pain in your neck may expand to your head, trunk, shoulder, and arms. If a nerve in your neck is expressing compression, you may experience numbness, tingling, or weakness in one or both arms or hands. A pinched nerve in the neck can cause a burning or sharp pain in the arm that starts at the neck and travels down the arm. If you’re experiencing this symptom, see a chiropractor for neck pain Clearwater.
- A pain that originates in the neck can cause a cervicogenic headache.
- Neck pain accompanied by a headache could be a sign of a migraine.
- When palpated, there is pain. If your cervical spine is palpated, your neck pain may worsen (physically examined).
The reasons behind the pain:
Neck stiffness or pain can occur for various reasons.
- Tension and strain in the muscles
This frequently occurs as a result of actions and behaviors such as:
bad posture. Working at a desk for too long without moving, sleeping with your neck in a terrible position, and jerking your neck during exercise are all examples of incorrect posture.
The neck is particularly prone to damage, especially when the muscles and ligaments of the neck are forced to move outside of their typical range, as they do in falls, vehicle accidents, and sports.
Whiplash is a kind of neck injury caused by an abrupt jerking of the head. The spinal cord may be harmed if the neck bones mean cervical vertebrates are shattered. We have the best Clearwater chiropractor team to treat you.
- Heart attack
Neck pain can potentially be a sign that you have a heart attack. It is frequently associated with other heart attack symptoms, such as:
breathing problems, sweating, nausea, vomiting, and pain in the arm or jaw.
The thin tissue surrounding the brain and spinal cord become inflamed with meningitis. Meningitis patients may have the following symptoms:
neck stiffness, headache, nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, and fever.
Meningitis is a potentially fatal medical condition. If you develop signs of meningitis, visit your neck pain Clearwater consultant very once.
- Rheumatoid arthritis produces joint swelling, bone spurs, and discomfort. Neck problems can develop when they occur in the neck area.
- Osteoporosis causes bone thinning and might result in minor fractures. This ailment most commonly affects the hands and knees, although it can also affect the neck.
- Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes muscle discomfort throughout the body, particularly in the neck and shoulders.
- The cervical discs might deteriorate as you become older. The gap between the vertebrae may become narrowed as a result of this. It also puts additional strain on your joints. This is referred to as spondylosis or neck osteoarthritis.
- As a result of trauma or damage, a protruding disc can put pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots. A herniated cervical disc, also known as a ruptured or slipped disc, results from this.
- When the spinal cord narrows and puts pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots as it exits the vertebrae, this is known as spinal stenosis. This happens for arthritis or other illnesses that generate long-term inflammation.
In some curtail cases, neck pain may occur due to the following reasons—congenital abnormalities, infections, abscesses, tumors, or cancer of the spine.
A doctor will examine you and take down your entire medical history. Prepare to describe the specifics of your symptoms to them. Tell your consultant about any prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications or supplements you’ve been taking.
A traditional chiropractor may use a variety of techniques to correct you. They may use their hands, a specialized table, or other devices to make adjustments.
A skilled upper cervical chiropractor adjusts your neck utilizing very precise manual or instrument-assisted adjustments, some table-mounted and others handheld. These neck adjustments with an instrument are extremely safe, precise, and comfortable with the use of an instrument.
Some chiropractors “adjust” your neck by aggressively cracking it. That is their primary focus, and it is incorrect. Chiropractic manipulation at high speeds raises the likelihood of side effects. We at Integrated Health Solutions do the ethical neck pain Clearwater for our patients. Clearwater chiropractor do the treatment safely and effectively